Join the 10Power Team
10Power provides renewables for livelihood improvement in frontier markets. In our first market, Haiti, we are working with local installers with a gender empowerment lens to develop, finance, install, operate and maintain commercial-scale solar projects.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
10Power is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe that all people – no matter their race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, education level, age, language, religion, ability or geographic location – should have the opportunity to live healthy empowered lives and to contribute to the betterment of our planet and species.
Solar Finance Professional
Join a mission-driven certified Benefit Corporation providing access to renewable energy in markets lacking electricity with focus on Haiti. We are a nimble start up with global ambitions. Our team of heart-centered, highly-motivated professionals works together virtually, with frequent travel for projects.
- Building, maintaining and utilizing solar finance models for C&I customers (there is not ITC in Haiti, models must calculate savings from reduced or eliminated load on diesel generators)
- Financial strategy and structuring (as pertains to in-bound investments to 10Power as well as financing that 10Power provides to customers).
- Design and iteration of financial products for customers.
- Preparation and maintenance of financial forecasts.
- Budgeting and cost-benefit analysis.
- Fundraising, together with a highly dynamic CEO.
- Preparation of proposals and grant applications.
- Preparation of investor updates and other reports.
- Credit analysis of customers.
- Negotiation of terms with customers.
- Negotiation of terms with investors.
- On-going bookkeeping and accounting, including billing and collections.
- Management of bookkeeping and accounting resources as appropriate.
- Management of interns and other resources as appropriate.
- Contribution to pitch decks.
International travel is required.
Qualifications – required
- Experience in Solar Finance: 2 years minimum
- Accounting: Managerial Accounting and Financial Accounting expertise and experience, with one or the other being advanced (e.g. 7+ years experience) and the other being proficient.
- Experience and aptitude for negotiation of terms and pricing with customers and investors.
- Ability to critically review contracts and to manage outside legal counsel and other service providers.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn Quick Books.
- Ability to quickly model business opportunities.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Good verbal communication skills and ability to publicly represent the company, at conferences, with investors and prospective customers.
- Strong written skills, for presentations, due diligence, and investor communications.
- Willingness to learn the fundamentals of certain renewable energy sources and to be integrated into a team of engineers.
- Familiarity and comfort working in diverse cultural contexts.
- Ability to work with a remote team and with limited supervision.
Qualifications – preferred
- Fluent French
- High proficiency in Quick Books.
- Existing relationships with development finance organizations and financiers including impact investors.
- Experience working on a diverse team
- Experience considering the social and environmental impacts of the work on international communities in technical analysis
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org include “10Power Finance Candidate” in subject line.
Solar, Haiti, international, development, green, women, community, regenerative, renewable energy, solar engineering, solar finance, solar operations, energy access, global renewable energy finance, renewable energy markets, commercial solar finance in the developing world, impact, social impact, environmental impact, social business, sustainability, regenerative finance, impact investing, triple bottom line